Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sunday Blahs

I am a significantly more boring person when I'm happy. Funny things don't happen to me. I have nothing to write about. I smile alot, looking goofy. I know being happy is a good thing, but let's be honest--happiness makes for a boring, inactive blog....

I've been thinking about being adult, as my impending nuptials impend closer. With Jen a married woman, me almost a bride, Amanda a homeowner, Kailen and Cristin working a professional jobs, Megan almost a lawyer and Barbara teaching high schoolers. I think we've reached that point where we're not just waiting for life to begin, but we're actually living it. We've reached official adulthood, and I for one am slightly terrified. But in a good way.

2 comments:

Cristin said...

Scary, isn't it? The other day I referred to someone older than us as a "grown up" while I was checking my 401(k) online. I realized the irony and wanted to cry a little. How to handle this clash of worlds???

Barbara said...

It's true that people are growing up...but when you start talking about how great margaritas on the rocks with salt on the rim are in front of the highschoolers you "teach" you realize that you are not quite there yet