Monday, September 27, 2004

I can't believe I'm doing this

I've always questioned the motivation behind people creating blogs. I mean, am I really such a narcissus that I honestly believe people give a crap about my overly self-aware musings? But, when even my younger brother (who is infinitely cooler than me) and former roommate (also infinitely cooler than me) both write blogs, I start to think that maybe I'm missing out on something. Maybe I'll become cooler. Plus, god forbid that I actually do something productive with a free morning and write my yet-unwritten 20-page paper (due in, oh, four days). Writing for fun overrides writing about the social risk factors of diabetes in Navajo women of childbearing age. So yet again, I give into myself and excuse my poor focusing ability. I can see this blog thing blowing up into a constant time-sucker, much like JT's Blocks on Yahoo games or the compulsive checking of the away messages of people I don't know but somehow ended up on my AIM buddy list....

1 comment:

Bet365 said...

Please tell me that youre going to keep this up! Its so good and so important. I cant wait to read more from you. I just feel like you know so much and know how to make people listen to what you have to say. This blog is just too cool to be missed. Great stuff, really. Please, PLEASE keep it up!