Sunday, March 27, 2005

Weighing In

I've been busy and there's a lot going on in my life right now that needs to be sorted out. Thus the lack of posting. Anyways, it's Easter Sunday (btw, thanks for the book, Stickles) and I'm watching the news.

And I'm absolutely annoyed by the public response to Terri Schiavo. People were picketting outside her hospice, blocking the driveway, trying to bring her last communion. These protesters don't know her, have never met her. They are merely using her for political gains. Yelling at the policeman, "Jesus hates you" isn't going to make the courts change its mind.

I'm not going to argue whether her feeding tube should be removed or not. Regardless, the feeding tube was removed. She's dying. Let the woman die with a little dignity. Let her family mourn her passing quietly and with dignity.

The decision has been made, whether you agree with it or not.
The time for politics have passed.

No comments: