Friday, February 02, 2007

Neptune High

When it comes to TV shows and books, Sorority Sister Cristin has never steered me wrong.

The People's Exhibit A: The O.C.
Now, I'll give you that The O.C. has veered off in an alarming direction and may not be of the same quality during it's early years. But you have to admit, the show rocked it for awhile. And how could we not just love, "Welcome to the O.C., Bitch!"

So when SSC started mentioning Veronica Mars, my interest piqued. But for some reason, I just couldn't bring myself to watch a show on UPN. It just hurt. I mean, my love for The WB was bad enough to admit to people.

But now that the CW & UPN have merged into The CW (rest in peace, WB), I caught an episode a few months ago. And I loved it. Veronica was not some bobble-headed teenage blond thing, but this rocking, snarky PI with killer hair. So I netflixed the past seasons on DVD.

I am officially in L-O-V-E with Veronica Mars and this show has resurrected a part of my past I believed long dead: full-fledged crushing on a TV character.

I am not ashamed to admit it. I have the hots for Logan Echolls. (Yes, it's a little less disturbing now that they are out of high school.) I rewind the DVD during his makeout scenes so I can see his half-naked body in slow-mo. I have officially reverted back to my middle-school days when I plastered posters of Christian Bale on the walls of my bedroom and took photos of the television screen when I watched Newsies over and over.

And I love every minute of it.

No comments: