Monday, September 18, 2006

Goodbye to the WB

Last night was the Farewell Extravaganza for the WB. In case you missed it, for five hours, they showed the series premieres for Felicity, Angel, Buffy and Dawson's Creek.

I have never actually watched an episode of Angel and Buffy (guess vampires weren't my thing?) but I feel like in many ways (as pathetic as this is to admit), I grew up on Felicity and Dawson's Creek. Age-wise, I was right in between Dawson and Felicity.

Watching those first episodes, those kids taking their first tentative steps towards adulthood, reminded me of that time in my life, between adulthood and childhood (and yes, I know this sounds corny). It kind of makes me miss teetering on that edge, so unsure of who I'll be or where I'll go.

So anyways. Goodbye WB.

(Unfortunately, 7th Heaven is still on the air.)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

gah! i HATE 7th Heaven ... HATE. IT.

Cristin said...

I watched the first episode of Dawson's Creek and seriously almost cried.