Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Pride Cometh Before the Fall

During the trip to L.A. this weekend to visit FIL, I had breakfast with dear friend Sasaki. She then proceeded to manipulate my torso. During this rather intimate exchange we chatted about being sick. Poor Sasaki has been ill for several weeks and I was telling her how lucky I've been at avoiding the flu or a cold this winter.

Words spoken two days too soon.

I started my new job the following Monday and began to feel ill a few hours in. You know the feelings---achy back, scratchy throat, headache. By the next morning, I felt like a complete load of shit. You know the feeling---flat out dying, the kind of feeling where you start to panic, thinking that perhaps you never will feel better.

Thankfully, I have a boss who is kind and understanding and 2.5 days of unpaid sick leave, I was back to work.

Lesson learned: I will never brag about my apparent health to anyone ever again. Pride does come before a hard fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH NO!!!! I should have had you sign a waiver before I manipulated your torso . . . *giggle*

I hope you're feeling better. It was lovely seeing you :)