Friday, December 03, 2004

The Archer

So my birthday went excellently. The whole week as a whole sucked, but the hour or so that was actual birthday celebration went well. We went to Martin's, a small restaurant on 4th Ave (more like a glorified taco shack--god bless Tucson!!), for dinner. Then, my friends brought out an ice-cream cake for me! With 24 candles on top! Hooray! And I've eaten the leftovers for breakfast the last few days too, which is excellent. My friends really are wonderful--I am blessed.

So now it's Christmastime in my little oasis apartment. My grandparents sent me a tree which i decorated with lights and little ornaments. I have an advent wreath and calendar. I've been playing some Christmas music when the mood strikes. I do love this time of year.

Impulsively, I decided to get a tattoo as a birthday gift to myself yesterday. I got a small symbol of the Sagittarius bow and arrow in my upper left armpit. It's small and not too visible unless I raise my arm up while wearing short sleeves. Speaking of Sagittarius, according to the Washington Post horoscopes:

IF DECEMBER 1 IS YOUR BIRTHDAY: Old problems are now a thing of the past and you can look forward to an exciting year ahead. Any responsibility you have not dealt with fully or honestly may need your attention next summer, so be careful to dot your i's and cross your t's now. In April and August shifting circumstances will put a new light on important matters in your life. But emerging opportunities in May and June will point you towards a fruitful new direction that will enhance both your self-esteem and popularity as well as enrich your pocketbook. The power of love can heal all rifts or conflicts and put things back on track.

Duly noted. Life can only get better from here. So bring it on.

No comments: