Wednesday, December 15, 2004

FINAL-ly

It's been a few days, but things have been really...crazy. Or something like that. I didn't really do very much studying, but it felt like I did. Mostly because I was thinking about all the studying I should be doing that it almost felt like I was studying.

So, I finished my first semester as a grad student yesterday at 5:57 pm. I'm 1/4 of the way finished with my degree. It's sort of shocking to me that in less than two years, I'll be considered a "Masters" in something. And most of the time, I feel like I have no idea what's going on.

Now, it's on to cleaning. My apartment is a disaster--cat hair on the couch, litter in the carpet, soap scum in the bathtub. I've been neglecting the housekeeping in favor of "studying."

Finally, and perhaps most horribly, my friend (one of my two best girlfriends here in Tucson) got sexually assaulted in her own apartment a few nights ago. A man just busted in and tried to rape her. I won't go into any details because we're all a little traumatized, but it's just another reminder about how vulnerable we women can be....

No comments: